Managing multiple social media sites challenges even the most web savvy. But social media marketing doesn’t have to be a juggling act. HootSuite, a social media dashboard, allows users to incorporate Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus Pages, LinkedIn, and a variety of other social media platforms all in one user-friendly location. As a HootSuite fan for years now, I grow more affectionate by the day as HootSuite consistently stays ahead of ever-changing social media trends, adding new platforms and invaluable tools on a routine basis. If you’re not familiar with HootSuite or haven’t spent much time navigating the site, here’s a brief list showcasing how you too can experience the Suite life.
1. Free. Most often we want to test things out before investing time, energy and money. We need to experiment, and see if a tool or app is the right fit for our business. HootSuite offers 3 packages: Basic (Did I mention it’s free?), Pro $8.99/mo (with a free 30 day trial), and Enterprise for larger teams with pricing based on size and need.
2. A Customizable Dashboard. We need to be in the driver’s seat of our social media world, and HootSuite’s customizable dashboard encourages you to do just that. Create streams that allow you to effectively listen to your audience via sent tweets, your tweets retweeted, mentions, DMs (Direct Mentions), and favorites. You’re also able to create a stream for specific keywords, hashtags, and Twitter Lists.
3. Url Shortener. Compose your tweet and shorten your url all in one spot. And Ow.ly is among the top 5 most used URL shorteners on the web and rated as a top performer. Vanity urls are also an option with Pro and Enterprise.
4. Scheduler & Auto Scheduler. Complement live tweets with scheduled tweets throughout the day. The scheduler has grown into one of my favorite functions of HootSuite. It’s truly a life saver. As if it couldn’t get any better, the auto scheduler schedules posts at the most optimal time to reach your audience.
5. Analytics. HootSuite provides basic reports, highlighting metrics such as Twitter Follower growth and daily clicks, as well as custom reports.
6. Unlimited Resources. From HootSuite University–and yes, I’m a proud Alum–to webinars, infographics, and a highly engaged HootSuite community, you feel the love from day one of signing up. You just can’t beat the support.
7. HootSuite Mobile App. On-the-go marketing is where it’s at, and no list would be complete without mentioning HootSuite’s robust mobile app. You never feel like you’re missing out on the conversation.